Tendo Onsen is located
in the center of Yamagata;
good access for Yamagata Airport,
the Yamagata Shinkansen,
and the expressway
Tendo Onsen is located in the center of Yamagata, and at a very good place for the Yamagata Airport, Sendai Airport, the Yamagata Shinkansen,and the expressway.
Many tourists visit us for the hub spot of the sightseeing in Yamagata.
It is close to Zao, which is famous all over the country, and Yamadera Rissyaku temple.
Around the Onsen resort, there are restaurants, a hypermarket, and the drugstore within walking distance.
Yamadera (Rissyaku Temple)
In 860, the third generations of Tendai saint opens the sacred mountain to represent Tohoku in an Imperial mausoleum of the opened Tendai sect. Even a phrase of Basho Matsuo called "the voice of a cicada sinking into calmness and a rock" is known. Experience the rich nature and enjoy a seasonal atmosphere in winter spring, summer, autumn.
( Wakamatsu Temple)
About 1,300 years ago, in the Wado first year of the Nara era, Gyoki Bodhisattva opened Wakamatsu Kannon as the hallowed field.
After that, Tendai saint, who opened Rissyaku temple on Yamadera in 860, moved the main hall of the temple to the current space and constructed building, and a large-scale Buddhist monastery located it afterwards.
The Minister of Justice sects of the Nara Buddhism transformed Tendai sect of the peaceful Buddhism at this time. A line basis Bodhisattva worshiped as a founder,Tendai saint worshiped as a father of restration. Kannon pilgrimage faith was spread in the Kinki district in the eastern country in the Muromachi era and was placed to the first of the best thirty-three different types of the Goddess of Mercy bill place, and a lot of pilgrims visit it every year now.
Kenkun Shrine has been worshiped for Oda Nobuunaga as its God during Meiji Restoration because he was the supporter for the Imperial army (new government troop),
Kenkun Shrine was worshiped first on the Maizuru mountain in Japan from the Meiji government in Meiji 3(1870) year by Nobunaga.
In the Mt. Maizuru in the center of Tendo-shi, it is close to a citizen as a symbol of the towns. The whole area becomes the park of the civic rest and, from the prospects open space (It was reconstructed again in 2009) of the mountaintop, where overlook Tsukiyama and morning sun over the mountains, and Mogami River. In addition, the Mt. Maizuru is known as a famous place of the cherry tree. Tendo cherry tree Festival "human being shogi" is performed under approximately 2,000 cherry trees on Saturday and Sunday of the middle of April.
Museum for old Higashimurayama
The museum which is indispensable to know the history of the native district. In 1879, it was built as Higashimurayama-gun government office and became the present figure by reconstruction of 1985. As Western-style construction in the Meiji era, it becomes the tangible cultural property of the prefecture. There are mainly related documents before and after the Meiji Restoration, more than 240 articles in the museum.
HIROSHIGE MUSEUM OF ART
Last part of Edo era, there is a bond between Hiroshige Utagawa and BunnakaTano(1797-1858). , In the Tendo Oda feudal clan, finance was tight and peple raised a contribution and was in debt to the rich merchant and farmer inside and outside the feudal clan in those days. Hiroshige draw an original painting as a substitute for thanks and return. These a series of works group is called "Tendo Hiroshige". 200-300 width was said to have been drawn, but t a few numbers of arts exist in the suburbs of Tendo-shi now. For a historical relationship with such Hiroshige, in April, 1997 as 200 years after the birth of Hiroshige, Hiroshige Museum was born in Tendo.
DEWAZAKURA ART MUSEUM
The art museum shows a main building and a sitting room in a warehouse of the wooden construction tile-roofing as an exhibition room in the building of the traditional Japanese house of last part of Meiji in an old house of late President Nakano. Old Korea is ceramics and an industrial art object of Silla, Korai, the Rhee Dynasty period and, as a main store product, and others such as the book of the writer, industrial art object associated with a cherry tree, Japan six Old kiln, which display changes every three months. In addition, in 1993, art museum of the Shinichi Saito was built as an annex where displays an Italian picture of a description of blind female street singer, Meiji Yoshiwara Hosomi, the sorrow in an early storehouse in the Taisho era, and there is the world of the unique beauty based on sorrow and loneliness and is an emotional atmosphere.
Museum of Syogi in Tendo city
The origin of the shogi is said to be dice shogi called CHATRANGA played in ancient India. It is not clear at the time told in Japan, but understands that it has been already played in the about eleventh century of the Heian era. Thereafter the Japanese shogi accomplished original development. It is plain, and the Tendo-shi shogi museum displays outbreak of the shogi and the thing about shogi and the shogi piece including the work of a production process, the piece artisan of shogi, the piece of transmission, the world to Japan.